Critical Thinking, Research, & Writing
1. Which of the following is NOT true about words: (Points : 5)
They have started wars.
They have stirred nations to do the right thing.
They can rarely motivate people.
They can influence how we think.
2. When writing a college paper, the audience analysis and focus of your paper is usually geared towards: (Points : 5)
3. In selecting a topic for a paper, the following is most important:
(Points : 5)
study the assignment and know exactly what the professor wants you to do
don’t be overly concerned with your personal interests and experiences
don’t be worried about writing too much or too little
a topic like depression is narrow enough for a typical paper
4. In the digital age and the age of the internet, the library (Points : 5)
has lost its importance
is the hub of a college or university
contributes very little to your education
no longer is needed to conduct serious research
5. One of the following is NOT a good way to create an effective introduction: (Points : 5)
tell a story or create a vivid, visual illustration
begin with a simple, non-inspiring statement so you can end more powerfully
asking rhetorical, yet pertinent questions
6. One suggestion for successfully concluding a paper is: (Points : 5)
make a final appeal for action or challenge
refer back to the introduction (parallelism)
complete the opening story
re-emphasize your topic
All answers are correct